20 Dec – We had a remarkable year in 2019
We had a remarkable year in 2019.
- Thousands of families throughout the Gorge received Veggie Prescriptions to purchase fresh fruits and vegetables and spent more than $55,000 on produce from local farmers
- Gorge Grown Farmers Markets put more than $620,000 back into the local economy and supported 82 family farmers, food producers and small business owners
- The Food Security Coalition gathered a diverse group 50+ stakeholders from across the Gorge to build a stronger food system and make healthy, local food more accessible to everyone
- The Mobile Farmers Market worked with 24 local farmers to consistently bring fresh produce to 7 rural communities throughout the Gorge and put $27,000 into the local economy
- Columbia Gorge Gleaning rescued more than 6,500 lbs of fresh produce this fall and distributed the surplus to community sites that serve food insecure residents
In 2020, we will continue our groundbreaking work. To do this, we need your help. Please consider making a donation today.